20 Şubat 2013 Çarşamba

Restaurant Review: Rafferty's (Louisville, KY)

To contact us Click HERE



Steakhouses are anAmerican tradition. And somewhat abundant. There are the chain steakhouses weall know about.; and every region has their local specialty steakhouses aswell. I am not particularly prone to dining at steakhouses. So it was with sometrepidation that one Sunday evening, after wrapping up some errands, I happenedacross Rafferty’s Restaurant & Bar here in Louisville, in the parking lot of ashopping strip where I had just picked up some art supplies. It had occurred tome that my buddy Ken had lauded the place on more than one occasion, so perhapsit was time to give it a try.


I was immediatelyimpressed with the cozy, rustic, lodge-like atmosphere when I walked in. Thelights were dimmed, and I was pleased by how inviting it was. I was led to aperfectly quiet, peaceful spot in the outer ring of windows where I couldwistfully enjoy the view of our wonderful city here, and peruse the menu. And,of course, the first thing I examined were the appetizers.
I settled onsomething called “Ol’ Boy Bacon Cheese Fries”; a wonderful plate of piping hot,flavorful and spicy fries topped with bacon and cheese. Provided, was a smallbowl of Ranch dressing. I was taken aback at first, to learn that there was eggin my Ranch dressing, fully unexpected. My server, Jordan, explained to me thatRafferty’s makes all their dressings on site, home-made. Egg in the Ranch wasone of their signature touches.
I moved on to an entrée,not sure for what I was in the mood. But the picture of tasty baby-back ribscaptured my attention, and I settled on that. To say that I was impressed andshocked at the quality of my meal is an understatement. The succulent andtender rib meat literally fell off the bone as I tried to eat them. I soonfound out this was a meal to be eaten with a fork. The ribs were hickoryseasoned with a slightly sweet and tangy after-bite. I have eaten at a lot ofBBQ places in my life, and I have to say that these baby-back ribs were easilysome of the very best I have ever consumed. As a side I chose broccoli, which wasfresh and perfectly steamed.
Since it was aSunday, and I had spent a long day running errands… AND I was still just alittle bit hungry, I opted for dessert as well. After conferring with Jordan-who I must say was personable and attentive- I chose something called “WhiteChocolate Banana Cream Pie”. At the risk of sounding like a 14-year-old girl:Oh My God. This creamy, sweet, tangy, banana confection was the definitionof decadent. My one and only complaint about my entire meal is that the whitechocolate shavings got a little bit lost in my whipped cream. The graham crustwas also delicious; something of which I am not always fond.
All in all, it wasa fantastic meal, and I was glad that Ken had eventually steered me towardsRafferty’s. If you are in the Louisville area, or a city that has a Rafferty’s,it is a must to eat there at least once and enjoy their unique and delightfultake on the steakhouse experience.
The appetizersaverage around $6, with the average entrée somewhere between $10 and $15.Desserts range from around $4 to $7 depending on the luxury you require. Greatplace for a date, a family meal or catching up with friends.
To learn more aboutRafferty’s, peruse their menu, or get directions, check out their officialwebsite here: http://www.raffertys.com/
My Rating: * * * * *

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder