5 Temmuz 2012 Perşembe

Restaurant Review: The Cheesecake Factory

To contact us Click HERE


It’s actually beensome time ago- April in fact- since Ken and I went to Cheesecake Factoryspecifically so I could do a review. At the time I was still trying to hitevery restaurant on my Top 10 list. But, several “real-life” adventuresinterfered in me being able to get the review published. Better late thannever, I always say.  To be honest, Icould easily just wrap up this review by saying, “Go there. I love it. You willlove it. It’s one of the best places to eat in the world.” Yes, I am biased.But, I can honestly say, I have never had a bad experience at The CheesecakeFactory. And, this visit was no exception.
I don’t entirelyremember what time we arrived, but I believe it may have been a little laterthan normal, because we did have to wait about 15 minutes to get a seat. Not abad wait at all on a Saturday evening. The wait merely gave us time to perusethe menu that our local Factory keeps posted just outside its doors on the plazabeside the Mall St. Mathews. So, we had a pretty good idea of what we weregoing to get once we sat down.
Let me start bymentioning our server, Benjamin. Usually, when me and my posse’ go out for dinner, I prefer to have a female server. If Ihave to explain to you why three buddies on “Guys Night Out” prefer a femaleserver, then just ignore it and skip ahead. But, I will have to say thatBenjamin ranks up there with other servers I have mentioned in the past who are“true professionals”; courteous, helpful, attentive, informative. I have prettyspecific tastes. When I go out to eat, I am usually in the mood for a particular taste. More than once, Ken has asked theserver, “what do you think? What sounds good? What is good?” And you can alwaystell the bull artists from those who have truly eaten the food they serve andknow the difference. Benjamin is one of those guys. He knew the menu well, andwas extremely informative. He kept our tea flowing. He never missed a beat ontiming the dinner.
I think this mayhave been when I started on my recent crave-fest for dishes south of theborder. I have only just noticed that I have spent a lot of time preparing,talking about, and eating such food. I chose the Factory Nachos for myappetizer. The piping hot Nachos were absolutely covered in cheese, salsa andjalapenos. I tend to like my tortilla chips a little more crisp, but theFactory tortilla chips are an exception since they are a special Factory madechip. Ken was feeling in a particularly healthy mood, and enjoyed a crispLittle House Salad with mixed greens, tasty balsamic vinaigrette, and freshcucumbers & tomatoes.
For the maincourse, I opted for the Factory Burrito Grande: a soft flour tortilla stuffedfull of tender chicken, mildly spicy red pepper and tangy, roasted corn salsa.Ken chose the Stuffed Chicken Tortilla: tender, spicy chicken stuffed into afresh corn tortilla and topped with gooey melted cheese, fresh green onion,tangy Tomatillo sauce, and refreshing cilantro. Truth of the matter is Ken andI did not talk half as much as we usually do, because we were way to busyenjoying our delicious food. Our main course was an absolute delight.
You cannot go tothe Cheesecake Factory without having dessert. It would be insane. No, really.They are, of course, famous for their cheesecake and pastries. As luck wouldhave it, we did not have the time to sit and enjoy dessert. But, you can bet weboth bought a slice of cheesecake and took home with us. I am usually partialto the New York Style Traditional Cheesecake, or the Chocolate Cheesecake. Thistime around, however, I decided to try something new: Coconut Cheesecake. I wasblown away by the powerful coconut flavor that seeped out of my cheesecakelater that night; sweet, creamy, heaven.
All in all, it wasyet another perfect dining experience at Cheesecake Factory. Still, one of myfavorite places to eat, and well deserved of the #5 spot on my Top Ten FavoriteRestaurants. The average cost of an appetizer is around $8. Entre' cost range from $11 to $20, with some pricier options on the menu. The menu is extensive. 
To find out moreabout The Cheesecake Factory, take a gander at their menu, or find one nearyou, check out their website here: http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/
My Rating: ** * * *Ken’s Rating: * * * * 1/2

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder